Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard is fast

6 Kasım 2007 Salı


Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard

Holy Leopard OS! Looks like somebody managed to get copy of the new Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard that’s about the launch this coming Friday, October 26th, 2007. One thing that really catches my eye is that Safari is now “blazing fast!”. Phew, now I’ve really got to see that at the local Apple store. Wonder if Asia will get any chance this month ? More on the comments about this new OS below.

• All my applications and settings were retained
• Time Machine asked me on the first time I started in leopard, which of my five external Hard Drives should be used for backups. I didn’t have to configure anything else
• When I started Mail for the first time, it had to upgrade the mail database. After that, Mail is blazing fast!
• I told Mail to import my RSS Feeds from Safari but that didn’t work!
• Reading RSS in Mail is nice to have
• Tasks in Mail appear even if completed. That might be a bit distracting for some people
• Mail is FAST! Seeing is believing!
• Finder: Well, the first time it ran, it hanged! After killing the process, I was amazed by the speed and coverflow!
• Quick View: COOL - GREAT FEATURE
• Safari is blazing fast!
• .mac has the option to synchronize settings and Dock items
• Stacks: I am not impressed. I like the downloads stack though. I had to manually change the path in Mail and Safari though!
• Spaces: I created 4 Spaces and I find it a very cool feature, especially the live ala expose preview
• Applications start instantly, especially iLife and iWork!
• iCal is much better. There is an inline editor and an event drop box now
• Contacts is more or less the same
• iTunes seems much faster than before

via

0 yorum: